Story Behind "A Truly Zōē Life"
"Well, I think it's a girl," my mom continued, "And we should name her Zoe."
"We'll see," Dad responded as he pulled into the church parking lot. They walked into church to find seats before the service began. After singing, and prayer, the pastor came up to preach. He focused on John's emphasis on life, beginning with the Greek meaning of "life." He said that this word in Greek is Zōē, meaning "life of God." If you looked out in the audience right then, you would have seen my mom elbowing my dad, hoping she finally convinced him.
If that wasn't sufficient, the ultra-sound a few months later finally confirmed that my mom was indeed having a girl. Soon enough, Zoe Kathleen Watters was born on March 1, 2002. I love this story I have behind my name. But you may be wondering, why Zoe? Was it just a sweet name? No it's more than that. As I mentioned earlier, my mom decided on this name during her third pregnancy. After Harrison was born, but before I came along, my mom had a miscarriage: Griffin, who could have been my Irish twin.
In recovering from this, my Mom planted a tree in our backyard, and bought a piano for the house. Then only a few months later, she was pregnant with me. So happy to be have this new life, she wanted to name me Zoe, meaning life. But this name has come to mean so much more as I have grown. at the age of 14, I became a christian, and therefore began living a "life of God." Now in everything I do, I seek to live for God's glory, and understand how the things of Scripture can be practically lived out in daily life. I hope to share what I am learning in this blog as I live life for God, so that many more can live a truly Zōē life, a life of God.
And yes, the piano we have today is the one my mom bought after her miscarriage, and the one I have been able to play on for 12 years. How wonderful is God's hand of renewing in the midst of hardship.

Comments
Post a Comment